sabato 16 gennaio 2016

The Color Purple




A guy distilled (edit 22/01/16): Profumeria Nadalini distilled a frag called “Alla Violetta di Parma”, avoiding legal consequences sued of trademark infringement. In fact, “On Wednesday, April 10, 1985, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for BORSARI 1870 by HUT INTERNATIONAL S.R.L., MONZA” (cit), and the mythical Violet based scent, some kind of a flag for my hometown, Parma, was eventually  delivered to the counterwords of History. Not a bad frag at all. But one of the must linear, straightforward and… hélas, synthetic violet I have ever smelled.  Neither dramatic nor mysterious. Frosted flowers of viola odorata behind a candy shop window. Alla Violetta di Parma unsettles me a lot instead. I sprayed it on my left wristle, and walked around wearing it... I felt like I had been planting hyacinth bulbs in a black, uberous soil. This perfume is quirky, it smells earthy and almost crud(e). I can’t detect any greeness, I get arable soil, roots, and a feeble hint of bluish red flowers close to my skin. When I attended a catholic elementary school I lived near a park (basically a Renaissance Fortress and then an underground stronghold during WW II, subsequently reconverted in a public park), and I used to pick all the wildflowers  I could find and make awkward little bouquets, which I happened to think were beautiful, and to my teacher's reproach (no surprise she was a puritanic nun), I'd leave them in glasses or even tins full of water in front of the shrine. Well, AVDP smells exactly like those bouquets. That’s a quite odd correlation, I presume, but this scent brings me back to childhood, hooking up earthy trail with wandering around open fields on the border guards of a dismissed fortress, contemplating wildflowers waving under a low, insinuating April wind. It's a peculiar, natural frag, not girly nor pretty at all, but definitely floral. Not a sultry, wicked floral, though. I would enjoy this on a high spirited kind of person, not necessarily a woman, one who spends life outside, in  altruistic occupations and loves nature. Someone whose aim is to show the humanity that exists in everyone through the simplicity of  a thoughtful gesture.






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento